Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Psp

General car related chat
wilkoturbo

Psp

Post by wilkoturbo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:19 am

Hi been reading in the online manual and it says will play Avi and mpeg 4 , but when I plug into ps3 and copy an Avi across (unsupported ) does anyone know how ???
bmw x5 le mans blue

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Psp

Post by AW8 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:12 am

Depends on firmware I believe. I had a very good article on how to rip & store to memory cards but I think later firmware versions may have restricted this capability.

Many games force a firmware upgrade.......Not usure how to get around this.

Not used it for movies myseld as UMD discs are very reasonable, (more so preowned/used), for the small amount of movie use mine gets.

Others may wish to correct/clarify what I have typed as it's been a while since I read up o the subject.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Psp

Post by X5Sport » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:54 pm

I use a package on the PC called 'MyMovies' coupled with 'AnyDVD HD' which rips CDs and movies from the original discs onto my media servers. It will also convert movies to a different format- such as to mobile devices. Not sure if this has yet been fully 'legalised' in the UK for personal use (I know there are moves to legitimise it for this purpose inthe UK, but elsewhere in the world that may not be the case!). It does mean I can convert any CD, DVD or BluRay I have into a format for the iPad. Depending on the original DVD size, it can reduce a 9GB movie down to between a few hundred MB up to about 4GB for a Blu-Ray (they run at 50GB in original format!).

You can then copy the file to a memory card and away you go......might be an option for you?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.