Welcome to Xdrivers
Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General X3 Forum (F25) / Re: Latest satnav version
« Last post by X5Sport on Today at 12:07:34 PM »
I’ll have a look when the car returns this evening.  I had an ‘over the air’ update about a month ago, and I think that was 18-02 but I didn’t note the specific variant.
General X3 forum (G01) / Re: Strange Unexplained Happenings
« Last post by Stinky45 on Today at 11:38:14 AM »
Thank you for sharing your experience and advice...I'll try to take comfort from it.  I keep my keys in a key purse and I have two small sheets of stiff card around it in order to prevent the inadvertent pressing of the buttons but at the same time it doesn't block the signal.  Like my school reports "Must Try Harder"  I might actually introduce a stiffer material in order to prevent an individual button being pressed and I will certainly look up your recommended solution....Thanks again.
« Last post by silverbeemersurfer on Today at 11:21:17 AM »
My understanding is that the downloads are definitely "free over the air" for 3 years and 3 months and I do not need to use a USB drive as they are done automatically over the air. I am just trying to find out if there is a newer version which should be automatically downloaded.
I have  already activated my Connected Drive Devices and it shows that the automatic updates are live.
Is the 18-02 update you have installed for NBTevo Road Map EUROPE EVO version which is shown on my Version information screen?
General X5 Forum (E53) / Re: Window regulator and vinyl wrap
« Last post by themoog on Today at 09:43:22 AM »
About the window.. Ive bought some regulator sliders and some clips so I'll take it apart at the weekend to see where the slack is. Anyone got any ideas first?
« Last post by Dan1502 on Today at 08:33:21 AM »
Mine has connected drive but that option didn't seem to appear and the nav version was 2015 until I updated it.
General X3 forum (G01) / Re: Strange Unexplained Happenings
« Last post by X5Sport on Today at 08:24:05 AM »
Almost certain to be inadvertent pressing of the remote key buttons. Not had it on my F46 Gran Tourer as the key is in a BMW key case, but used to do it all the time with my last car (Škoda) with keyless entry.  Used to drive me mad!

I also keep my keys in a RFID wallet when not in use as this also prevents the radio signals between the key and the car from being picked up by thieves (or the car).

There are a range of key covers available, have a look at Realoem (BMW Parts Database on line, current to June 2018) use the last 7 characters of your VIN to pull up the right car.  Key covers are in the Retrofittings Section.
Problems / Re: Rear tires
« Last post by X5Sport on Today at 08:17:03 AM »
BMW xDrive cars should be fitted with tyres that have an ‘*’ stamped on the sidewall.  It means they meet BMWs spec for diameter and therefore rolling radius.  If you put a brand new front and rear tyre next to each other, they should be the same height, if they aren’t then the rolling radius is different and (usually) the rear tyre rolls further per revolution than the front.  That leads to transmission wind-up and broken diffs or transfer boxes.

The problem varies by tyre manufacturer with some far worse than others.  ‘*’ marked tyres have the correct and matched rolling radius (at new).  Unfortunately only premium brands do this.

If you hear any kind of odd noises from the transmission then tyres are often the problem.  It is a design issue with all of the xDrive cars until about the time the F15 version of the X5 came out.  It has a more tolerant transfer box.  The E83 X3 is the worst of the range for suffering this fault - though BMW will never accept that it is a ‘fault’.

One member in here found that there was a difference on his non ‘*’ marked tyres of 32mm per revolution.  Not good  :(
General X3 Forum (F25) / Re: Xenon dip light
« Last post by X5Sport on Today at 08:09:15 AM »
Got to be worth a try.  It will depend upon whether BMW class it as a ‘wear & tear’ item - which IMHO it should not be if within the first 3 years as HID lamps should last a lot longer than that!

Definitely sounds like an igniter fault (electronics failure) rather than the bulb wearing out.
« Last post by X5Sport on Today at 08:03:25 AM »
If it’s that new should you not be getting automatic downloads?

My 2018 F46 (220dx Gran Tourer) with what I thought was the same iDrive System gets 4 updates a year via the on-board telematics SIM.

It may need activating via BMW Connected Drive (bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk).  Not sure which ‘as built’ option needs to be in the car though.  Could be S6AKA or S6APA which cover connected & remote drive services.
General X5 Forum (E53) / Re: E53 3.0d Air Filter Replacement
« Last post by ttr on Today at 07:24:42 AM »
Alan,

Eh up - nah not BUYING anything - its against the Yorkshire Religion too expensive, just rub some superglue on its cheaper. :))

Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10