Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW X1 E84 2011 - Footwell Control Module Light & Parking Sensor Warning

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
EltonJohn101

Post by EltonJohn101 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:34 pm

Hi guys,

I’ve recently purchased a X1 20D M Sport. The vehicle came with a parking sensor fault and upon arrival and a quick inspection, another fault was displayed being the inspection now (vehicle on a ramp) coming up in yellow. Will attach an image.

I know there is a PDC module in the boot that typically gets wet, however I’ve not had that issue.

Also, I’ve noticed that after putting the vehicle in reverse, only the passenger side mirror will tilt downwards. However, when i press the button on the drivers door (once parked) both mirrors will fold up and close.

I also noticed when attempting to use BimmerCode to update some of the features I was greeted with an error message when trying to access the footwell control module. Will also attach an image.

It’s certainly mind boggling, especially seeing as this is my first ever BMW.

I’d appreciate some support on the issue, Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_5586.png
IMG_5586.png (121.06 KiB) Viewed 627 times
IMG_5585.png
IMG_5585.png (47.28 KiB) Viewed 627 times
IMG_5625.jpeg
IMG_5625.jpeg (84.76 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:15 am

The mirror tilt is correct just the passenger side does that.
Service now is what it says but might have not been reset if it has just had a service or inspection.
Parking sensors ignition on not started engine and select reverse then listen closely to each one they should send out a fast clicking sound but if your old like me get a grand child down there lol.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:56 am

As above, in BMWs only the passenger mirror ‘drops’ with reverse, and only with the mirror adjustment switch selected to the drivers side.

The iDrive should tell you which service is due - it’s usually under ‘Vehicle Information’. The service records are held electronically on the car rather than stamped in a book. It should tell you what services were done and when. If the dealer code shows as 00000 (or similar) then it wasn’t done by BMW. Each dealer has their own unique code number. I’ve just had the brake fluid change warning come up on my X6 as it’s 2 years since it was last done.

As far as coding goes, not everything can be coded or adjusted. I use Carly and it offers all sorts of options, however depending upon the car’s market (EU/US/Japan etc) some are not actually available. The code change is accepted but ignored.

For the very latest models with iDrive 8.5 (and 9 imminently), BMW have introduced a code lock that requires a ‘token’ from the factory. You can’t get that unless the car is plugged in at a Dealer. Of course Dealers won’t code anything that you might want enabled as it puts them in the hook for it in the event if an accident or other incident. The days of tinkering are sadly on the wane now.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

marti

Post by marti » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:38 am

X5 sport, is the vehicle to early for idrive electronic service history?.....my 2013 doesnt have it :? , I still have the stamp book.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:36 pm

My 2011 X6 has it all on board. Not sure when they actually switched over. Mine is iDrive 3 (CIC). ISTR that not all dealers used the electronic version immediately. Yours I think is the same version. It wouldn’t surprise me if different ‘level’ cars had different functionality because of how BMW does things.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.