Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Possible LCM / Radio Nav Screen issues.

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
DeeNuttyDJ

Post by DeeNuttyDJ » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 am

Thanks for that ! Gonna look at the plugs Friday during the day, wherever the break is it’s gotta be minimal. Was thinking like you said match the cables in each end and check with a meter. If I find one that ain’t playing ball ( which could be causing my issue with the video being could always throw a second loom in to restore the video

It’s been flickering all day long I can see the menu when it does it had the back loom out checked it that was fine
Also chased it back to the plugs which attach it to car. I’ve found the blue plug up front provided power to nav white one at front was video related, dvd unit being blue and a dark red plug - blue was power and the red seemed to be the video, so gonna count the pins on white / red plug and test them

DeeNuttyDJ

Post by DeeNuttyDJ » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 pm

Evening all! Hope your all well and having a good weekend

So something strange my screen returned and come on… did nothing

However I did notice the tv module didn’t load in straight away… when it did I thought cool I’ll see if it works then soon as I did 5 mins in screen goes again… can’t be linked ?