Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2010 30d XDrive - Carbon Black/Camel - AUC Warranty Oct '18 - REDUCED

You can sell anything in here, Cars, BMW X-Series related items. Please set a price for your item, don't just ask for offers.
Sit

2010 30d XDrive - Carbon Black/Camel - AUC Warranty Oct '18 - REDUCED

Post by Sit » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Up for sale is my 2010 ‘10’ reg BMW X5 30d in stunning and arguably the best colour; Carbon Black metallic with leather seats finished in rare camel colour. It has covered 86,500 miles however it is still used occasionally so this may rise slightly. The car was bought by me as an Approved Used BMW from Sytner Harold Wood in Essex, as such it comes with a range of benefits which are transferable to the new owner and extendable when they come to an end on 28th October 2018 including the excellent AUC warranty. It’s a ‘semi’ facelift model as although it has the pre-facelift styling it does benefit from the newer iDrive system, hard drive based sat nav and also hard drive storage for music collection to be added to.

The car comes with an excellent spec being an M Sport that includes -\

Electric windows
Body coloured bumpers and extended colour coded arches
Electrically adjustable mirrors with dip function
Black leather multi function steering wheel electrically adjustable
Isofix child seat anchor points
iDrive with fully integrated sat nav and hard drive based music library
Remote central locking
Factory fitted alarm immobiliser
Full complement of airbags, DSC and HDC
Bluetooth phone preparation
Dual climate control
Anthracite headlining
Cruise control
Self leveling rear air suspension
Split folding tailgate with underfloor storage

On top of this standard specification the following options have also been added from the factory –

Full electrically adjustable and heated leather interior (£260.00)
Adaptive Drive (£2150.00)
Bi-xenon headlights with daytime ‘halo’ running lights (£540.00)
BMW headlight assist (£95.00)
Head up display (£940.00)
Pro nav – wide screen and hard drive (£1845.00)
Loudspeaker audio – 12 speakers with under seat woofers, 6cd changer (£385.00)
Shadowline exterior trim (£350.00)
Privacy glass (£295.00)
20” 227 style alloys (£870.00)

Over and above this specification, which with the exception of the panoramic roof which I wasn’t crazy about having due to issues with the mechanism and also leaking, is pretty much fully loaded, I have made a few minor cosmetic changes -

I purchased a genuine pair of BMW kidney grills, I split them and had the chrome outer painted in Carbon Black which looks far better than the standard item and changes the front appearance, I have retained the originals should you wish to swap them.

The chrome ‘X5’ badge on the boot was replaced with a gloss black item to tie in with the Shadowline trim.

I also bought an OEM plastic boot liner to protect the boot from wellies, scooters etc. which as this is a family car often find themselves in there.

The car is sublime in every respect it drives effortlessly and is quiet comfortable and a totally relaxing place to be. We spent a weekend in London before Christmas and on our return it was snowing quite heavily and there wasn’t anywhere I would have rather been that night. The car is so planted and feels ‘secure’ it transported us home without a problem in total comfort, exactly what you want from a family car.

The car purchase from BMW wasn’t the smoothest due to a number of niggles which were eventually sorted out. One of these issues was regarding the interior ‘aluminum’ dash and door trims which were described as having a ‘few’ marks, what transpired was heavily marked and scratched trim throughout – you may be able to make it out in the photos. Anyway after much wrangling I have a full genuine set of piano black dash/door/centre console trims paid for by BMW. These have yet to be fitted but are included with the car and against the leather trim I think the piano black will look for superior to the aluminum.

They also refurbished the alloy wheels but failed to refit the ‘M’ badges on each wheel and refitted the original roundels which are bubbled and corroded, I have 4 brand new ‘M’ badges and centre roundels, not fitted as yet as I was considering having the alloys powder coated in ferric grey/gloss black.

I am the fifth owner and have the book packs, two keys, first aid kit, purchase invoice etc. It has a full BMW service history including invoices and paperwork relating to the care of the car over the years, I am still outstanding the service book from the dealer which should be here next week, I believed it had digital service history but have established it doesn’t and the supplying dealer neglected to include the service book.

The car was registered in July 2010 in Essex, its most recent service was at Westerly BMW, Bridgwater in January 2018 where they undertook a brake fluid change and oil service, prior to that it is full BMW history. It was MOT’d at the point of purchase in October 2017 and expires on 10th October 2018 and had no advisories when last tested.

Whilst away on holiday in December the car displayed a message that there was unexpected battery drain. I called BMW Assist (transferable service) who sent a technician to where we were holidaying and diagnosed an alternator fault. The car was collected and taken to Westerly BMW in Exeter where it underwent full diagnosis and fault repair, whilst there one of the rear airbags failed so was replaced with a new one all fully covered by the AUC warranty.

This week it has been in again at Westerly BMW Bridgwater for a warranty/goodwill repair on the inner rear lights which if you have done some research will have read over time allow water into the light housing causing the light to fail. This happened to mine and as a result it has had two brand new OEM clusters fitted and coded with new improved one piece seals.

As with any used car there are a couple of negative points but these are minimal –

*There is a very small paint defect on the top edge of the drivers door handle, it’s a strange one but only small.
*The interior aluminium trim is marked as previously mentioned but this can be rectified by installing the highly sought after piano black set which is included with the car.
*There are some small stone chips around the car but this is to be expected for a car of this age and mileage, certainly nothing major.
*The car requires a small SMART repair to the nearside rear extended arch, there is a very small area which has been scuffed, I will get this done prior to sale/collection or the prospective buyer can take it as it is and I will reduce the price buy the respective repair cost.

This is an exceptionally luxurious car and comes with the peace of mind of 8 months of the AUC warranty remaining with the opportunity to extend this further should you wish to do so. On a car as big and complex as this, the BMW warranty is a superior product which will cover everything except the exhaust system and seals according to the leaflet.

The price is £14,900.00 and there isn’t any negotiation on this, due to the condition of the car, recent service and excellent spec/colour combination I feel this is really good value. It drives tight and smooth with no knocks or rattles, I also have two keys with the car which are memory specific if you choose to use that feature. Of course it is a used car but I have been honest in my description and you wont find yourself turning up to discover an inaccurately described car, this is a genuine sale please no timewasters and p/ex is not required.

I am based in Somerset about 7 miles from junction 22 of the M5, I do work shifts so if you can’t get hold of me please leave a message.

Here are some pictures, please message if you require anything specific (the picture of the rear is pre new lights) –

Last edited by Sit on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 X5 30d M Sport Carbon Black | Camel Leather, 20's | HUD | Shadowline | Privacy | CIC iDrive | Adaptive Drive | Pro Nav | Loudspeaker Audio | High Beam Assist | Enhanced Bluetooth | Media Pack | Bum Warmers!

Sit

Re: 2010 30d XDrive - Carbon Black/Camel - AUC Warranty Oct '18

Post by Sit » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Had a mix of interest in this, appreciate it’s on the fence as far as pre-facelift and facelift cars go however with AUC benefits, decent colour combo and good spec I think it’s good value.

Will talk around £14,250 to an Xdrivers member, remains on eBay at £14,900.

Si
2010 X5 30d M Sport Carbon Black | Camel Leather, 20's | HUD | Shadowline | Privacy | CIC iDrive | Adaptive Drive | Pro Nav | Loudspeaker Audio | High Beam Assist | Enhanced Bluetooth | Media Pack | Bum Warmers!

Sit

Post by Sit » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Still available, spent 6hrs cleaning it yesterday and it looks stunning!!! My course starts in about 6 weeks so if it doesn't sell before the course starts I will pull it and re-advertise in July when course is finished.

Ideally if I can secure a buyer before course starts that would make life much easier.

Si

Sit

Post by Sit » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:28 am

£13,900 no offers at this price.

Si

JonnyX3

Post by JonnyX3 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Wish I knew this 2 weeks ago...
I would like to purchase the grille if the taker prefers the chrome one :)

Sit

Post by Sit » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:52 pm

[quote="JonnyX3"]
Wish I knew this 2 weeks ago...
I would like to purchase the grille if the taker prefers the chrome one :)
[/quote]

Lol always the way! It's been posted since 9th Feb mind.......

If the new owner doesn't want cc grill I will drop you a line.

Si

Sit

Post by Sit » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:48 am

Bump

Sit

Post by Sit » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Reduced to £12,950 but as before no offers at this - its such a lot of car for the money with peace of mind of BMW warranty and assist products.

Si

Sit

Re: 2010 30d XDrive - Carbon Black/Camel - AUC Warranty Oct '18 - REDUCED

Post by Sit » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:38 pm

SOLD

Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Horizon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:40 pm

Congratulations on the sale, was it a forum member ?
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv

Sit

Post by Sit » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:10 pm

[quote="Horizon"]
Congratulations on the sale, was it a forum member ?
[/quote]

Thanks, It has actually sold to someone in the next village to me who saw it on AT! Literally two miles down the road.

Will let him know about forum, although it’s for his wife.

Si

JonnyX3

Post by JonnyX3 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:09 am

Does she want the black grille or chrome?  :) ;)