Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windscreen wiper hitting pillar

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
X3driver

Windscreen wiper hitting pillar

Post by X3driver » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:52 am

New little gremlin affecting my x3. The windscreen wiper occasionally hits the pillar. I have looked online and there x3 owners who have reported similar issues but the advice has always been go take it to the dealer. Wondering if anyone know how to fix this as is it would only be a small adjustment?

Pinewood

Re: Windscreen wiper hitting pillar

Post by Pinewood » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:11 pm

[quote="X3driver"]
New little gremlin affecting my x3. The windscreen wiper occasionally hits the pillar. I have looked online and there x3 owners who have reported similar issues but the advice has always been go take it to the dealer. Wondering if anyone know how to fix this as is it would only be a small adjustment?
[/quote]Not heard of that one before. Are we sure the correct wipers have been fitted? (not said in a rude or inflammatory way)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
F25 x30d M Sport Lci. Prof Media/Nav, adaptive xenons,ext storage,lights package, 19" Staggered 622M alloys.

X3driver

Post by X3driver » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:17 pm

I ordered some new wiper over Xmas and checked the ones on the car and they are the right size. Hasn't happened for a week or so. Hoping the problem has rectified itself but I'm sure I'm not that lucky.

Pinewood

Post by Pinewood » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:10 pm

When the wipers come up to the max point, there should be a 2 inch parallel gap between it and the pillar. Anything less suggests the wiper arm needs to taken off and moved a cog or two over. Why it would move is anyone's guess?
Could there be an issue with an encoder motor?
F25 x30d M Sport Lci. Prof Media/Nav, adaptive xenons,ext storage,lights package, 19" Staggered 622M alloys.

X3driver

Post by X3driver » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:33 pm

So I pushed the wiper back over when we had the bout of snow a month back. Hasn't happened since but do have a chunk of paint missing from my pillar which I will need to touch up.

X3driver

Post by X3driver » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:23 pm

[quote="Pinewood"]
When the wipers come up to the max point, there should be a 2 inch parallel gap between it and the pillar. Anything less suggests the wiper arm needs to taken off and moved a cog or two over. Why it would move is anyone's guess?
Could there be an issue with an encoder motor?
[/quote]

Knock came back today...I will have to take a look at undoing the arms and resetting them. For comparison is anyone able to give a picture of what a correctly seated set of wipers would look like in the down position?