Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Amber warning light on

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
StuBeeDoo

Amber warning light on

Post by StuBeeDoo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:31 pm

I recently test-drove an F25 that I could be tempted to buy.  But...........  There is a small amber triangle with ! in illuminated.  It's located near the right-hand end of the ED/mpg display, but outside the chrome ring.  I know amber isn't as likely to be serious as red, but can anyone tell me what this warning is likely to be for?  Then if I decide to go back for the car I can point it out to the seller and get it fixed before handing-over my hard-earned.

TIA
Stuart.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

Stevo

Re: Amber warning light on

Post by Stevo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 pm

I could be wrong but that light could mean a number of things i.e. low on fuel, washer fluid level low etc. Normally when you fire up the ignition you'll get a message telling you what the issue is before it reverts to the wee amber triangle.

mrkiplin1986

Post by mrkiplin1986 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:58 am

you need to go into the idrive vehicle info and see what its relatingto, could be fuel, washer fluid service over due etc

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:23 am

Thank you both.  Sounds like it's nothing to be overly concerned about, then - as I kind-of suspected.

[quote="Stevo"]
I could be wrong but that light could mean a number of things i.e. low on fuel, washer fluid level low etc. Normally when you fire up the ignition you'll get a message telling you what the issue is before it reverts to the wee amber triangle.[/quote]  I didn't start it, the salesman did before I got in the car.  Ooops, elementary car purchaser fail!

TBH, the selling dealer seems to have a very good rep. and although it looks like he bought the car at auction it's not been serviced outside the BMW dealer network (Cooper York, by the looks).  I suspect it only went to auction because it didn't meet AUC criteria.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 am

As long as the warning light wasn’t the reason why!
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:24 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
As long as the warning light wasn’t the reason why![/quote]
I'll sharp find out if I decide to go back with the cash!