Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT FITTING

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
richardmumford

AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT FITTING

Post by richardmumford » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:39 pm

i was hoping someone may have done this but i have a 2005 x5 ftted with cd unit on dash and business radio and wondered whether if i remove these two nits is all the wiring behind them or are they like the nav models where everything has to return to the boot?
if the wires are behind head units then i can just plug in adapator cables and attach new head unit but i have a feeling its not going to be that easy ?

please advise.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT FITTING

Post by Sanj » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Two units out there at the minute and both not brilliant. Great upgrade for non-OEM SatNav but otherwise a bit of a pain. Yes the 'quadlock' is right behind the unit in the dash, no need to ferry cables to the boot area. Very much plug and play.

You will have to route cables for a reverse camera or rear headrest screens but only if you intend to have them.
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

richardmumford

Re: AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT FITTING

Post by richardmumford » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:45 am

thanks for help