Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ebay x5 what do you think

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
wad187

Post by wad187 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi Guys,

this is a link to the car in question http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261440901489? ... 1423.l2649

What is your thoughts on this x5 on ebay its just what im looking for maybe a bit to many miles but looks spot on but just my look its in Northern Ireland don't fancy getting off the ferry with a pocket full of cash and been met by a gang of gypsies lol

seriously though it just seems like to much chew and expense getting the ferry over all that way and it might be a dog and do they need to be registered in the uk.

would it put you off going to see it.
do you think it look ok by the pic and description.

cheers

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: ebay x5 what do you think

Post by shadrack » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 pm

dont bother, its not cheap, its a ball ache to get and if there so clueless to list it as a le mans sport despite le mans been blue what else are they bull shitting about
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

Reusch

Post by Reusch » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:15 am

[quote="shadrack"]
dont bother, its not cheap, its a ball ache to get and if there so clueless to list it as a le mans sport despite le mans been blue what else are they bull shitting about
[/quote]

:ok:
JFT96.YNWA

Current
Jaguar XF

Previous
Porsche Cayenne 3.2 (money pit)
BMW X5 3.0D
Mercedes C Class,Mazda RX8,Jaguar S Type 3.0.

briankerrys47

Post by briankerrys47 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 pm

[quote="wad187"]
Hi Guys,

this is a link to the car in question http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261440901489? ... 1423.l2649

What is your thoughts on this x5 on ebay its just what im looking for maybe a bit to many miles but looks spot on but just my look its in Northern Ireland don't fancy getting off the ferry with a pocket full of cash and been met by a gang of gypsies lol

seriously though it just seems like to much chew and expense getting the ferry over all that way and it might be a dog and do they need to be registered in the uk.

would it put you off going to see it.
do you think it look ok by the pic and description.

cheers
[/quote] :'( :'( Why would anyone want to travel! That far to make a purchase.

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Also bear in mind it would be higher road tax as registered May 2006 so £480 there are plenty out there to choose from
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

wad187

Post by wad187 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:18 pm

yep your all right i cant be arsed with all the chew.

hopefully buying a members off here anyway if its still available once i get back from working away.

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:09 pm

My X5 was first registered in NI and carries an Irish numberplate still, luckily didn't have to go there to buy it, it was an AUC. i agree though, a bit risky to travel that distance for a private sale, there are loads of nice cars on the mainland to choose from!    Had a quick look - its certainly not a Le Mans as they are a very obvious blue.  Plus the seller describes it as a "jeep", probably one of the most offputting ways of describing an X5 ever. And the factory fitted sound system /sat nav has been pulled out, not always to everyones taste and will not integrate with the dash messages. Quite high mileage and overpriced. Oh, and its in NI! 
Last edited by CondorX5 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:19 pm

This looks to be a sport exclusive edition, wider arches, Le Mans style wheels, nappa leather I think.  Probably didn't have nav from factory, hence the aftermarket unit.  The aftermarket unit much better no doubt as the old original mk4 standard nav is showing its age these days.  Looks a nice motor, I wouldn't be put off seller calling it a jeep / truck etc, I often use that slang every now and then when talking about the car.  Ideally if you could find one in main land with lower miles for around same price it's a win win, but certainly looks worth considering for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:44 pm

I absolutely deplore use of the word "jeep" when referring to a vehicle which is not a "jeep". x5s are definitely not jeeps, they are BMWs, which have nothing to do with jeeps.  People who call X5s jeeps don't deserve to own/drive one! 
While aftermarket stereos and satnavs might be "better" than the factory fit,  they do not integrate fully and you lose the dash messaging. 
A car that was not specced with satnav was obviously not the highest spec - especially around 2006.  The Le Mans styling bits were possibly added much later.  Whatever that X5 is, it is definitely NOT a Le Mans special - if the owner is describing it so inaccurately you wonder what else is being hidden!

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

wad187

Post by wad187 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi condorX5 "That there's a mighty fine JEEP you got there"

id love a 4.8 but the fuel cost scare me a bit.

iv decided to give this ebay x5 a wide berth nothing against the irish but i dont trust them hahahaha 

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:46 pm

[quote="CondorX5"]
I absolutely deplore use of the word "jeep" when referring to a vehicle which is not a "jeep". x5s are definitely not jeeps, they are BMWs, which have nothing to do with jeeps.  People who call X5s jeeps don't deserve to own/drive one! 
While aftermarket stereos and satnavs might be "better" than the factory fit,  they do not integrate fully and you lose the dash messaging. 
A car that was not specced with satnav was obviously not the highest spec - especially around 2006.  The Le Mans styling bits were possibly added much later.  Whatever that X5 is, it is definitely NOT a Le Mans special - if the owner is describing it so inaccurately you wonder what else is being hidden!
[/quote]

So you assume I do not afford the luxury of driving an X5 because I refer to it as a "Jeep" or "truck" every now and then? thats hilarious! do you realise how pompous that sounds!!

Its a BMW? that means nothing.  Genuinely.

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:47 pm

ps I work hard for my money, therefore I think I do deserve to drive / own one.  X5's are not in some sort of elite club, thats for sure.  They are common as muck these days, especially e53's.
Last edited by kjb1 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by shadrack » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:53 am

I dont think it sounds pompus. An x5 isnt a jeep.  Jeep is a brand.

we all know you dont need money to own an e53 now. Hence the concern that someone thats stretched to buy the x5 mite not maintain it.
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:23 am

[quote="kjb1"]

[quote="CondorX5"]
[/quote]

So you assume I do not afford the luxury of driving an X5 because I refer to it as a "Jeep" or "truck" every now and then? thats hilarious! do you realise how pompous that sounds!!

Its a BMW? that means nothing.  Genuinely. 
[/quote]

That's a crazy assumption and absolutely incorrect.    The X5 is not a jeep.  It is a BMW. It is also not a "truck", it is a car - look at the V5. Nothing to do with being "pompous" at all, just accurate. It is neither a "truck" nor a "jeep".  Genuinely.      BTW I work hard for my money too, but actually that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that an X5 is not a jeep or a truck!    And as they are as "common as muck" perhaps you'd be better off in a more exclusive place away from us muckspreaders!  Still doesn't make them jeeps or trucks though!    Nothing will!
Last edited by CondorX5 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:30 am

[quote="wad187"]
Hi condorX5 "That there's a mighty fine JEEP you got there"

id love a 4.8 but the fuel cost scare me a bit.

iv decided to give this ebay x5 a wide berth nothing against the irish but i dont trust them hahahaha
[/quote]

Wad187, you need to visit Specsavers.........I have never owned a JEEP in my life.  :)